This one day, whitewater kayak instruction course is predicted to meet beginner paddlers with the sport of whitewater kayaking.
- Kayak and all necessary equipment
- Adaptation to the equipment, how to prepare a kayak for yourself
- Learning the basic paddle strokes, how to use the paddle properly
- Learning the stable posture in a kayak and how to keep in the right direction
This 3-day whitewater kayak instruction course is designed to introduce beginner paddlers to the sport of whitewater kayaking.
- Outfitting a kayak
- Wet exits
- T-rescues, swimming and self-rescue
- Body positioning
- Strokes, edging and bracing techniques
- Reading rivers and hydrology
- Eddy turns, peel-outs and ferrying across the current
- Scouting rapids
- Basic safety precautions
- Paddling through class I-II whitewater
Mostly, we want to share our passion and enthusiasm for whitewater kayaking with you. This course includes all equipment necessary.